Search for...

Monday, March 23, 2009

Introduction

Hi Friends and Foes,

I will do a Bible Study on the Book of Revelation here with you, posting my results on this blog, and probably translate it into German later for another blog. I would really like to do a comprehensive research on this great prophetic book at the end of the Bible, written down by John on the Isle of Patmos, with you and be happy about your comments here, so I can be sure not to miss any important things. Knowing that this topic seems to be difficult, and knowing that there are several people who have a special view on end time prophecy, I have a deep longing to do this research now since the Spirit tells me so. In addition, I find Revelation one of the most beautiful books of the Bible and think that people are missing something awesome, one of the pearls of the Bible, a book full of hope and comfort.

Revelation is *the* book with *the* seven seals. But as the subject suggests, it is revealed what is meant for those who love God. I do not think that Revelation is more difficult than the other books of the Bible. Knowing the author is most important, having open ears to listen to Him and being able to read (or have it read) are the only means needed. There are symbols and metaphors in this book like in many other texts as well, but they are not as mystic as one might think. God does not leave us orphans.

After all the years reading and posting in alt.christnet.christianlife and other newsgroups, I found something out that will influence my posts. I have found out that most people are as lazy as I am. It takes time and love for God to deal with the Scriptures and go deeper into them. Most people do not want to take the time for that. But I think that Bible study is one of the most important things that Christians are to do. Bible Reading is listening to God, hearing His voice! Could it be that people cannot afford any time for that? Incredible. So this here is not for those who just want to stumble in for their unqualified opinion but do not want to take the time for a deeper study.

There is also a number of people in newsgroups who cannot keep track very well, so how could they ever read and understand (just from the plain text) whole Bible chapters or books and keep what they understood in mind?

Then there are those who do not even dare reading Revelation, because so many people have discouraged them to do so by claiming the book was so difficult and only they could tell them what God has revealed. The latter make a big mistake and confuse themselves with God and think the person who reveals is they themselves, while the big Revealer is God using John. I would like to encourage those who are interested and willing to take the time to find out the truth in Revelation with me.

Revelation can be read like any other book. It is much more than Science Fiction, however, because it is God's Word and deals with people's reality, fate and destination. It is the truth for anybody, not just for those who have read it, not just for Christians.

Methods:

I will start with an introduction about the Book of Revelation, where it was written, by whom and when, how it starts and more special things that are striking. After that there will be a comprehensive Bible Study for each chapter. I will start with Revelation 1, and you can find more ideas in other posts. I will elaborate things while posting, so my study will not be finished before I have finished Revelation 22. That means that I might add new ideas to former chapters later and so pick up an idea again after a while.

I hope you will have much fun with this Bible Study.

God Bless You All,

Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog