Search for...

Sunday, March 29, 2009

104.02 Just some Thoughts

Thought No. 2

Whatever you do, do it with God, and read and listen to what He has to say.
Do not change the meaning of the Bible to your personal liking.
There are metaphors in the Bible, sure, as there are in most other books. Metaphors are used to illustrate things for a better understanding.
If you read the Bible literally, you might face the problem that you have become a letter idiot.
Last week I told someone the way after I was asked. I told him, "Go straight on until you can see a white house." He could have thought, oh, she meant that literally, and I must look for a white house... but there was no real white house, because it was kind of beige, because the rain had washed the color away. He might as well have thought, oh, it was meant metaphorically! I must look for a house of the Government in Washington D.C..
Actually both was wrong. He should have understood what everybody would have understood... he might never have found the way. The truth was I was speaking of a white house that looked white to anyone. Would I have used metaphors to tell him the way? No, I used what I thought he would understand best. Who dares saying God would use speech that nobody can  understand and we all have to guess? God is not stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog